INTRODUCTION AND GENERAL TERMS
We, at Henkel, take our obligations under the Data Protection Act 1998 (the ï¿½DPAï¿½) seriously and are committed to protecting your privacy.
This Privacy Statement gives you information as to the types of personal information we may collect, how we may use that information and whom we may share it with. This relates to our use of any personal information you may provide to us online via the website (the ï¿½Websiteï¿½), via phone/text, by e-mail or letter or when you participate in any promotion, competition or prize draw run by us or on our behalf. You will also learn how you can check the accuracy of the information we collect and arrange for the deletion of your personal information data by us.
Henkel Limited (ï¿½Henkelï¿½) is a member of the Henkel corporation and, for the purposes of the DPA, is the data controller. Henkel is a registered company in England and Wales (company number 00215496) and has its registered office at Apollo Court, 2 Bishops Square Business Park, Hatfield, Herts, AL10 9EY.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following information from you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms (including, without limit, ï¿½contact usï¿½ forms) on the Website and e-mailing us your details. This includes information provided at the time of registering to our Website/subscribing to our services, posting material or requesting further services from us. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition, prize draw or promotion run or sponsored by us, or our suppliers on our behalf, which may be run via a Facebook platform or other social media platform and when you report a problem with the Website;
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- Henkel or its suppliers on our behalf may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for market research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them;
- Details of transactions you carry out through the Website and of the fulfilment of your orders;
- Details of your visits to our Website and the resources that you access.
INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR COMPUTER
We may collect information about your computer, including where available, the name of your Internet service provider, your IP address, the version of your browser software, the operating system of the computer used to access our Website, and, if applicable, any search terms you have been using to find our Website. However, this data is statistical data which we only use on an aggregate/anonymous basis and does not identify any individual.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
USE OF FACEBOOK AND FACEBOOK PLUG-INS
USE MADE OF PERSONAL DATA
We process personal data collected from you in the following ways:
- To deal with your enquiries and requests;
- To provide you with information about our products and services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- To administer our system and for statistical information and backup;
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- To carry out market research activities;
- To allow you to participate in the interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- To administer your participation in any competition, prize draw or promotion;
- To notify you about changes to our service.
If we intend to process your personal data for marketing purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for marketing purposes we will inform you (before collecting your data). When you provide us with information you will be given the opportunity to say if you do not wish to receive marketing information from us or carefully chosen third parties.
WHO WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries (as defined in section 1159 of the Companies Act 2006).
We also share your personal information with service providers we have retained to perform services on our behalf (including, without limit, any supplier engaged by us to assist with the conduct of any competition, prize draw or promotion), but these service providers are not authorised by us to use or disclose the information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or to comply with legal requirements.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to a prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- If Henkel or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by Henkel about its customers will be one of the transferred assets;
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions;
- For the purposes of marketing other products or services to you, provided that you have agreed to your personal information being shared with such third party companies for marketing purposes when we collect your data.
Henkel will store your data safely and takes all reasonable precautionary measures to protect your data against loss, abuse or changes. Service providers of Henkel who have access to your data in order to provide services to us are contractually obliged to keep such information in confidence and may not use your data for any other purpose other than to provide those services.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
The data we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"). It may also be processed by staff operating outside of the EEA. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing of your data. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Privacy Statement
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to us via the Website and/or any Facebook platform or other similar social media platform; any transmission is at your own risk.
PERSONAL DATA RELATING TO CHILDREN
Henkel does not wish to collect data on children below the age of 14 years. Where necessary, Henkel will expressly draw childenï¿½s attention in an appropriate place to the fact that they should not send any personal data to Henkel. Should parents or other legal guardians discover that children under their supervision have made personal data available to Henkel, we request that they contact us at the address below. We will then arrange for the deletion of this data.
YOUR WISHES AND QUERIES / DATA PROTECTION OFFICER
Stored data will be deleted as soon as reasonably practicable once Henkel no longer requires it for purposes of which it was collected. At any time, you may, of course, ask for the deletion of your data by contacting us by post or e-mail.
You are entitled to access information held about you by contacting us by post or e-mail and we may charge you a fee of up to ï¿½10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Please direct all you queries (by email or letter) to our data protection officer, Mr Eamon Oï¿½Gorman , Henkel Ltd, 2 Bishops Square Business Park, Hatfield, Herts. AL10 9EY UK. email email@example.com.
CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT
We may change this Privacy Statement at any time. Whenever we revise this Privacy Statement, we will change the date on the notice to indicate when revisions were made. By using the Website and/or submitting personal information to us, you agree to the terms of this Privacy Statement as stated at the time you use the Website and/or at the time you submit your personal information.